Thursday, January 22, 2009

A tag cloud of everything I've written thus far

Today I ran across a neat site - Wordle - which creates a tag cloud from any sort of text or Web site you choose. I came across it while reading an article a co-worker sent me on a word cloud analysis of Obama's inaugural speech vs. Bush. (Yes, I'm this nerdy).

Anyway, my immediate reaction was to want to know what words would pop up most in my little homespun blog here. So, I took all the text in ALL 500+ blogs I've written since 2006 (582 pages in Word - that could be considered a novel, couldn't it?!), subtracted common phrases such as "posted by 20-Something" and "Currently Anticipating/Feeling", and I got this:

Could be an interesting point about how much our generation is said to use the word, "like." I thought there'd be a whole lot more alcohol and sex related words, but what do I know?

Currently Feeling: A little wore out.
Currently Anticipating: Possible Michael Jackson vs. Prince party at Nectar tomorrow night?
Currently Wishing: I had voodoo powers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is AWESOME J. I am going to do it too. I like how the one name you have in there is Sarah. Mine might use words such as 'sex' 'nachos' 'hookup' 'more sex.' hahah. I'll let you know what mine says! I like yours though, all great words! Love ya!

ADeskJockey said...

I see Amanda's name in there too. What a cool little do-dad. I likey.

bianca said...

I love Michael Jackson vs. Prince night!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.