Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Save those tears for someone who counts

At volunteering on Monday, I sat at a table with a group of junior high girls who I had met the previous week. Two of them were working on self-portraits for an art class, and so I helped them with different drawing and tracing techniques while I created a bookmark for myself out of markers and construction paper. (I knew this graphic design minor would pay off someday.)

That pesky Baby Bash biography girl from last week was sitting across the table from me, writing a letter. (Turns out, she was lying about the report. She just wanted to listen to the music instead of doing homework. Snatchdragon!) After a few comments from the girls at the table, I caught on to what they were talking about.

“Are you writing a love letter?” I asked.

“Yeah! Her boyfriend is moving to New York! She’s been crying all day!” said one of the little bossy, loud girls that I find absolutely adorable.

I quickly peeked at what it said, and saw:
Dear My Boo,

Why are you moving to New York? Why aren’t you staying here with me?
The irony of it was too much. Here I am, fielding boy problems in my life and my friends', and writing a dating blog for the newspaper. When I attempt to step outside the box in my life, you know...do something for the better good, further the future of America...I’m still dealing with relationship issues.

I just wanted to wrap her up in my arms of hindsight and tell her:

"Oh honey. This guy is only one in a long line of many. Someday, you won’t be able to even remember his name. And my goodness, save those tears for someone who counts."

Currently Feeling: Buyer’s remorse for my new Sidekick Slide
Currently Anticipating: Beers and Pyramid and the soccer game with Vaness and Sarah
Currently Loving: That I can check my MySpace at work now through my phone. Ha Ha...suckers!

1 comments:

Independently Dependent said...

Haha. . . Aww, to be 13 again.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.