Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Coping with Fashion

I feel pretty today.

I gave myself a manicure and pedicure last night in a pretty coral pink. I put a sexy, flouncy black pencil skirt on this morning, a silky flower top and my favorite tall black Guess boots. To top it off, I added my favorite butterfly earrings and the best berry shade of lip-gloss that I own.

I needed to feel pretty—personal relationships and friendships are melting to the ground around me. A couple of my friendships are hurting in deep, personal ways; a Dolphin Sister just broke up with the man she thought she was going to marry; my roommate is hurting from another friend’s betrayal; a girl friend of mine just found out her best friend slept with the guy my friend's been on and off dating for months; and my sister is being ousted from her social circle by a group of Mean Girls.

So in the middle of all this emotional turmoil that I’ve found myself to be at the hub of lately, I’m just going to stand here and feel pretty.

Cause it’s the only thing making me feel good right now.

Currently Feeling:
Like I need a good vacation.
Currently Anticipating: Seeing American Gangster at the Big Picture tonight.
Currently Loving: Vanessa. My heart goes out to her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a great entry. thank you.

Independently Dependent said...

:( I'll be home in a week and a half and we will drink enough to forget Mean Girls, Slutty Girls, and bad break ups. I know you can get your friends through their bad times! Just like they would do for you! Miss you lady!

Anonymous said...

If you need a getaway, come over for some wine and ANTM! HUGS!!!!

Independently Dependent said...

I wish I had found this earlier, because I think it would greatly interest you:

http://chroniclebooks.net/designfellowship/

Check it out. Maybe you can mark it for the future and see if it comes up again. I think they do something similar in the summer. . . ?? Love you! I'll see you SOON!

And I will be out that Friday night that I get back; but I'll call you to see if you can meet up.

Jeanna said...

Thanks Caitlin. I'll check it out. For sure call me Friday night when you're out and about. I'll count on it.

Jenny, we do need to do wine and ANTM again here soon.

Dan 10Things said...

Any social circle that includes mean girls that take pleasure in ousting friends from the group isn't a social circle worth belonging to. Tell your sister there's a world full of nicer people out there.

And stay strong through the turmoil, it comes in waves which will in time pass.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.