For those of you not up-to-speed, I received an email from an interested reader who had spotted my profile on The Stranger’s Lovelab, discovered I wrote for Metroblogging Seattle, then was friends with the girl who previously wrote the dating blog I just took over, so he noticed when I started writing for that too. He sent me an email, asking me out (with his profile attached, natch), and I accepted for Saturday.
From his pictures, I could tell he was at least a little cute. But, I was not nearly prepared for just how damn cute he was going to be. When I walked into Oliver’s Twist on Saturday at 8 p.m., I could have just died and gone to heaven. My whole “super suave, not nervous at all” attitude went right out the window. Cute boys make my knees weak.
Interested Reader is tall, with a fantastic body, cute clothes, brown hair and sexy nerdy/"I’m an intellectual" glasses. He is a physical therapist with a graduate school degree, a Portland/Montana transplant, a reader of books, a liberal, an agnostic, a listener of KEXP, a player of sports (including kickball !!), and as passionate and level-headed as can be.
From the moment we started talking at Oliver’s Twist, (over two drinks, the blue cheese-stuffed dates and tomato cappuccino with grilled cheese, thanks Jenny), we did not have a moment’s lull in the conversation. We continued to the 74th Street Ale House, then onto The Great Nabob to meet a couple of his friends. We even continued our one-on-one conversation while sitting at the table with his friends, eventually resting our knees against each other (yes, I noticed), and engaging in a little flirty elbowing/other innocent contact.
By the end of the date, I was more than eager to throw my “no kisses on the first date” thing out the window. All I could think about was, “Make-out city, U.S.A!” He asked me to his car to listen to a band he kept talking to me about, which I of course accepted. There, I managed to snag a completely awkward first date kiss before I thanked him for the wonderful evening, and bid him goodbye.
I guess the great-date feeling was mutual, because I woke up Sunday morning to an email in my inbox from him. He sent me a silly inside joke ecard, and wrote:
Ha! I hope this card is as funny to you as it is to me after 5 hours of sleep. I had a great time last night with you. Definitely, looking forward to seeing you again! Have a Great Day, EI have to admit. I CANNOT WAIT to hear back from him. Perhaps it’s super premature, but I think we’ve got something here…
Currently Feeling: Busy and content.
Currently Anticipating: The return email or phone call.
Currently Hating: Juggling.









6 comments:
Hooray! Nothing like tall, handsome, educated, and passionate. :)
Yea, J! That's so exciting. I love that roller coaster, whirlwind rush of feeling after a great night. He sounds like a prince -- I still can't believe how he found you.
Wishing you the best with this one,
C
Yay! Except that overpriced tomato cappuccino and sandwich bite at Oliver Twist should be about 3 times as big as it is. That place is too spendy for what it is. Congrats on the date, I caught that story going down on your dating blog and it's so far turning out great. It must be weird having the whole thing be kinda public.
I am glad you liked Oliver's. It's actually a really nice first date place. Glad to hear you had a nice time.
It IS weird to have the whole thing go down public. I didn't know what to or not to reveal about our date. But, I guess it's my job to dish a little. He sent me a very cute email yesterday, saying he told himself he wouldn't read my blog anymore out of self preservation, but "so much for will." I said nice things, and he asked me out again, so seems to be okay for now.
We're going out again tonight... super stoked.
Oh, new bar to check out, my friends just opened it:
http://www.tigertailbar.com
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.