Monday, September 10, 2007

To Him, I Must Have Beer Flavored Nipples

Remember how I recently talked about running into all these former crushes around town? [#, #] Well, now that I’ve run into my crushes, it seems the universe decided it’s time to send along my old flames. Everything always comes around full circle, right?

On my way home from work Friday night, I stopped off at my regular weekend destination—the liquor store on lower Queen Anne. I walked through the front door, and immediately noticed that the Bearded Lover was standing at the front counter. I knew he’d moved a couple blocks away from me on Queen Anne and was expecting to run into him well before our Friday-night encounter, but I had seriously been dreading it. Our last conversation “together” went something along the lines of…you’re the biggest mistake I made in 25 years…I don’t really ever want to talk to you again... etc. It was really bad. I'll spare you the details. For the most part, I try not to think back on it. I had one shaky run-in with him after that where he tried to apologize, and I told him (very maturely) that I really wasn’t interested and didn’t think there was any point in discussing the past with him ever again.

But that was then—nearly a year ago. And I’ve more than moved on. And what’s the point of being 25 and seemingly more mature if we can’t shake off hard feelings and move forward? With this in mind, I was very cordial and didn’t outwardly groan after I said hello, and he responded across the liquor store with, “Jeanna? Hello? Aren’t you going to come over and say, ‘Hi?’”

Say, “Hi,” I did. Although I was pretty antsy, awkward and shifty the whole time he was rambling on about his photos being published in this magazine and that and how much money he’d made in side jobs in the last month, and his haircut and how everyone tells him how it’s, “SO him…” I just wanted to get the whole encounter over with and get on with my Friday night.

So, I said goodbye, we hugged, and I chalked it up as good closure. I didn’t act rude. It was a very friendly conversation. It did, in fact, reiterate that am very over it, which always feels nice. Despite the fact that he basically inhabits every physical attraction I find in a person of the opposite sex. Damn! Don’t you just hate that?

Saturday, I was driving my friend Josh home when I received a phone call from a number I didn’t recognize. I’m a huge screener, so I let my voice mail pick up. It was some guy in Birch Bay, looking to buy a boat or something?! HUH?! Ten minutes later I received another phone call I didn’t recognize. WTF? Did someone accidentally (or purposefully) list my number on a Craigslist add?! I listened to the second voicemail, and it was in fact, the Bearded Lover:
“Hey Jeanna. It’s “Bearded Lover.” Look, I didn’t even delete your number. Ha ha. It was good running into you yesterday. I was just calling to say what’s up and do a little follow-up to yesterday. Uh yeah. You can call me back some time. Later.”
WHAT?! Okay. This is just too much. I know he’s super cocky, and full of himself and has no shame. And I know I’m ridiculously, ridiculously unforgettable, and great in bed and good looking and have beer flavored nipples. But, I’m unsure what about our brief conversation on Friday, (where I obviously was just being polite and mature), would have led him to think I wanted to rekindle any sort of relationship with him—friendship or not. Or that it’s okay to call me. Or that I’d even want to hear from him.

Some guys will never get it.

Can't wait to get those phone calls from Kevin and Seth!

Currently Feeling: Twitterpated.
Currently Anticipating: Getting paid this week!
Currently Dreading: Our last Drinks on the Links tomorrow. Sad day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What is it about old boyfriends and feeling the need to brag about how much money they make? I have one that pops up every time he gets a raise or promotion. Like that makes him sooo much hotter and all of a sudden re-opens the hole in my heart that used to be reserved for him. Grrr.

Jeanna said...

it was extremely obnoxious. he was going on and on about himself and didn't pose one question in my direction. but really, that's just too indicative of his personality.

Anonymous said...

You did not tell me about this Jeanna!! Hmmm, good closure though and I'm proud you handled yourself and were nice, haha. And look, he called you the next day! Wow. Nice work my friend.

Anonymous said...

that right there says it all, he's full of himself and doesn't even think of you in a conversation. He just wanted in your pants again.

Dan 10Things said...

Old boyfriends feel like they still need to impress old lovers. I, of course, have never done it. They also still think they have an in to gettin' in your pants. Something I've totally been guilty of in the past, hence the phone call.

Someone accidentally put my number on their online loan web request on Lending Tree and I've gotten about 20 calls from banks over the past week. It's totally pissing me off.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog template by Delicious Design Studio.
Header, footer and other design tweaks by Jeanna, Copyright 2009.