In the last month or so since we’ve decided to move in together, the two of us have checked Craigslist, Seattlerentals.com and the Seattle Times classifieds multiple times a day. It only left us discouraged. Queen Anne is full of not-that-great and super expensive apartments. And of course we wanted it all—deck, view, washer and dryer, dishwasher, parking, great location, AND the “old Seattle charm” that so many apartments in Queen Anne have.
Yesterday we braved the broken Asian English we could barely understand on the phone to view an apartment on West Olympic Place…a street we were very interested to live on because of the views. The add didn’t have any pictures, but said “penthouse,” so we were in like Flinn.

Asian Mr. Magoo—short, big thick glasses and big thick accent—met us on the fourth floor of the building to view the apartment. As soon as Sarah and I stepped in, we knew we found our place. The apartment has hardwood floors throughout—in both bedrooms—and the living area is huge; it’s big enough for three couches. The best part—the South and West faces walls of the apartment are floor-to-ceiling windows looking out on the city and water. AND we are one floor below the rooftop deck that spans the Seattle skyline. It’s absolutely breathtaking. I’m already imagining me in my bathing suit and reclining sun chair in the summer. Because of the views and the size, we’ve forgone the need for a dishwasher, washer and dryer, and big closets. I’m hoping this isn’t going to be a huge mistake. And, because of the year the building was built, the kitchen is pretty small and has old appliances. However, I still think it’s perfect.

So, we already have the keys and are going to be picking out paint this week. Sarah says, “No hot pink!" Damn! But, I think we’re going to have a fabulous apartment, and a most fantastic time living together. I couldn’t be more excited.
All of you are invited to our housewarming party on the second weekend of March. Keep your eyes out for the e-vite in your inbox.
Sigh. The stress is over. Now, I just need to pack up my completely cramped apartment and then it will all be good.
Currently Feeling: So excited and relieved that it’s surpassing the hate of Valentine’s Day.
Currently Anticipating: Move-in day and Amanda coming home from the cruise ships—all happening on February 24th. What a great weekend.









5 comments:
I am SO excited for you guys!
I'm sad though, Jen and I will be in New York City the weekend of your party :( BUMMER.
Maybe we could come over when we get back?
Damn, we are going to miss it....we will have to bring a bottle of vodka and make a night of it when we come back. I know right where you two are going to be at. The views are amazing! Do I hear 4th of July party??? Congrats. Let's hope the cats dont have to hide and that they get along..Jazzy is a queen!
I'll be moving in that weekend too -- only a million miles away. Congrats on finding a cool place! Sorry I have to miss the party... but I'll be in Seattle for one last hoorah on Friday. Maybe see you out??
How exciting! Your place sounds awesome - can't wait to help you break it in!!
Kristen
Jenny and Shannon,
Of course you are welcome anytime. And, we might still take you up on the offer to borrow that truck of yours. Then, maybe you could celebrate with us early.
Cari,
I sent you an email. Let's try to meet up on Friday. I'd LOVE to see you!
Kristen,
You take it from behind too much.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.