This morning I was browsing through Seattletimes.com in my usual morning coffee/Internet surfing ritual. In the Living section, I came across this link: Tips on picking up a fresh item at supermarket Singles Night , and immediately my interest was peeked. A Singles Night at the grocery store? Sounds interesting, fun and a possible way to snag a hottie. I know the grocery stores I frequent in Queen Anne are constantly swarming with good-looking men—especially Trader Joes—but, while they say the grocery store is a good place to pick someone up, how does one go about doing this?I’ve certainly caught eyes before with a dark-headed type in the produce department, or lingered a little bit longer in the soup isle. But, when does one step over the line from just eyeing someone at the grocery store, to actually making a move? How do you know that they aren’t shopping for a romantic dinner with their gorgeous and fabulous girlfriend?
I clicked on the link in the hopes of discovering the Seattle-based grocery store that could be so genius—immediately ready to add the date to my calendar. I was overwhelmingly disappointed though to discover that a journalist for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, in Milwaukee, wrote it. Boo. Why can’t a grocery store in Seattle, better yet, Queen Anne, hold a Singles Night? I mean the idea is freaking brilliant. The night goes a little like this:
Singles just show up. It's free. Each person gets a number to wear and a nametag. A disc jockey will play tunes while you wander around and pretend to shop as usual while sampling chocolate-covered cherries, pastries, shrimp mini-kabobs, baked Brie and sparkling wine.Sounds fun, huh? Now who wouldn’t want to meet someone hot at the grocery store? Makes for a better story than an Internet site, in my opinion. The article suggested a few pick-up lines to use:
If they see someone they like, they can add the opportunity to connect to their carts by telling the video date wrangler to post a message on a large video screen near the windows of the liquor store. Here you'll also receive messages from those who have a hunger to meet you.
"Nice wheels."
"Any idea what kind of wine goes with ahi?"
"What is ahi?"
"How can you tell if these are ripe?"
And certain ones to avoid:
Where's the pickled herring?"
"How many boxes of extra large, instant macaroni and cheese do you have in stock? Mom and I eat that every night."
"Which way to the pharmacy aisles? I need something for this rash."
"Oh, darn, that's the last bottle of Beano. I need at least two."
But, I prefer something a little saucier that goes right to the point, so I’ve compiled these:
"Do you eat lots of Lucky Charms? Because you look magically delicious."
"Do you have any raisins? No? How about a date?"
"I know I'm not a grocery item but I can tell when you're checking me out."
"If this grocery store is a meat market, you must be the prime rib."
"Let's make like that Fabric softener and Snuggle!"
"I don't care *how* many items you've got, baby, I could check you out all day long!"
"May I use those melons for my Fruit of the Loom salad?"
"How about a little roll in the Bakery Department?"
"I've got some meat here that's 'Best if used by tonight.'"
"What a small world! I belong to the Safeway Club, too!"
"Baby, you better get out of that express lane, 'cause you're all that *and* a bag of chips."
"Pssst! My piggly is wiggly."









2 comments:
Sounds like a pretty good idea, but as for me, I prefer to meet my men in Vanessa's kitchen. *wink, wink*
I like the Beano comment personally.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.