I’ve been informed from a friend that I’m breaking some rules in my blog. First and foremost, I’m going to keep today’s blog very, very short. I know I’ve passed the limits of comfortable blog length many times. I’m just a longwinded person. My sincerest apologies. I’ll try to make things more “concise.” If you have a problem with this, please email mottolp2@cc.wwu.edu, he’s in charge of the complaint department. Furthermore, I’ve discovered that I’ve been breaking some rules of blogging. Very embarrassing. In fact, I’m breaking rule numero uno right now since this whole blog is about blogging. And apparently you’re never supposed to talk about blogging in your blog. Since this is rather embarrassing to me, and I really don’t know how I’m going to show my face in public again, I’ve looked up some of the rules of blogging on the Internet so I can become better informed. After reading through a number of different sites, I found advice to keep it short, someone said to never talk about yourself, which I find weird, not to link too much but don't forget to link, to respect your readers' privacy… etc. In fact, there were so many damn rules to blogging that I now feel a little overwhelmed. I only started doing this for my own satisfaction in the first place, why do I now feel the need to please everyone? And how is anyone doing anything right when blogging? I did come across one rule that I think qualifies as my Golden:
Rules don't really apply in blogging. There's an exception to everything and everything else is accepted. Find your own groove and swing with it. If your style and message appeal to a lot of people then eventually you'll have a lot of readers. If they appeal to a smaller number of people then you're going to have fewer readers. But if you change your style and message simply to attract more readers then you're going to get sick of it after a while and you're going to quit blogging altogether.Everything except the "lot of readers" part...that's not really a concern of mine. Anyway...happy blogging and unhappy reading!









1 comments:
Dedicating a whole post to respond to my criticisms? I love it. Best post yet. I like the new look of the site, BTW.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.