During my first four days of the new grindstone (full color update coming soon), I have discovered something that tickles my fancy…
I love getting in the elevator and having the highest floor to go to than all the other business-suited men who are old and distinguished looking. This morning I stepped into the elevator with five of them, and while they were going to 40, 43 and 48, I was going to FIFTY-THREE!!
It’s like by pushing that button for the top floor, I’m pushing my way past all the higher-paid testosterone I’ll encounter in my career.
Glass ceiling, my ass. I’m higher than all of you! Boo yeow!
Currently Feeling: Overwhelmingly busy. I’m currently downsizing. My how times have changed.
Currently Anticipating: My marketing team dinner tonight at Wild Ginger. Never been.
Currently Loving: Learning, expanding, growing and changing.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
As an older, distinguished, business-suited man, I can tell you that nobody else cares what floor you work on...But I am happy that you're happy.
Duh. I'm mostly joking. I know it doesn't matter what floor I'm working on...
Glad you're enjoying your new gig!
The glass ceiling was created so women would have to exit the elevator before the men. That's all.
For years we'd stand there like columns, forming the carefully calculated body-maze to make women squirm and brush past us to get out, which was a great contact high. Then we'd watch you leave, keeping one inconspicuous finger on the "door open" button until you fully disappeared around the corner. We'd sigh wistfully. We'd curse our wives.
Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. Now it's YOU who owns the back wall! Watching MEN'S rear ends come and go! Those pants you had on yesterday might fit you great, but the men in the elevator will never know because they exit BEFORE YOU! Who's fantasizing NOW, boys? HA HA!
I really hate being on the top floor, personally. That dominant feeling of working at the top does not eclipse having to stop at nearly every floor below you on the way back down at the end of the day.
SO true Paolo. It's a bitch to leave at noon or 5, the times everyone else in the building are leaving...
whatever!!! being up high is FABULOUS. i didn't appreciate it til I was reduced to office park-dom, but taking an elevator high enough to result in ear popping is ... well ... SOOOOO nice.
enjoy it darlin'!
I say enjoy the higher elevator number! I'm on the 4th floor and I can say that I always have to wait forever since the elevator is always full coming down from the even higher floors.
And on a side note, let's hear how the job is going! I'm trying to slack off at work so am dying for a new post. Psh, I guess I could "work" but where's the fun in that? ;)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.