I’ve now found confirmation that my life is worth getting up for everyday. Not that I didn’t know that before, but it helps to have it reiterated every once in awhile. If you (you being whoever’s reading this) or someone you know complains about being single, please refer them to this article. According to MSN.com, a few reasons single people’s lives are better (yep, I said BETTER) than people’s lives who are in a relationship are:
1. We look better. It’s true. People in relationships tend to “let themselves go,” while us fabulously single people work at looking good and staying that way—you never know when you could meet a potential.
2. We do what we want with our money. Including vacationing to Mexico, buying a new car, and the latest jeans and shoes.
3. We are rested and smarter—not sleeping with someone in our bed (my laptop would be so proud) makes us well rested and more alert for the day. On average, couples lose 49 minutes of sleep a night when snoozing together.
4. We have better friendships. Those in relationships spend, on average, two-thirds less time with their friends. Single people have the greatest sense of friendships and community, a lot more people in their lives, and a greater sense at social responsibility.
5. We have better sex. Ha. It’s true. People in a relationship might have more sex than single people, but studies show that it tends to be more boring and less satisfying than the sex single people have.
So to all my single friends…chin up. We’re the greatest.
Currently Feeling: Surprisingly ok after John’s birthday last night.
Currently Anticipating: Hanging out with Gen tonight and Vanessa’s cabin this weekend
Currently Loving: The new Razor cell phone I bought today…my other one kicked the bucket
Friday, July 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I found this article to be very important and mood-lifting after our "Couple's Weekend at the Lake." I even put a direct link to your single and fabulous blog in my last posting, check it out.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read and put your two cents in! I like to read and respond to most of my comments, so click the "Subscribe By Email" button to be part of the conversation! OkThnxBai.